Thursday, August 6, 2009

Homemade Tangy Frozen Yogurt

My daughter the 'yogurt queen' strikes again!

I don't know about the rest of the country, but in Utah Valley frozen yogurt is the rage. My husband and I returned home (after being away three years) to find loads of new yogurt places scattered around the valley. Of course we had to make the tour and try them out. I love plain tangy frozen yogurt with fresh berries on top! I think I ate it at least every other day for our first few weeks home. Yesterday my daughter shared a recipe to make it at home. I tried it this morning and ....

tangy frozen yogurt

...it's perfect!

Here's the recipe:

  • 2 cups lowfat or regular plain Greek yogurt (it's thicker than normal - I love Greek Gods brand)

  • 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt (I love Brown Cow brand)

  • 1/3 cup superfine sugar (I didn't have any so I put regular sugar in blender for a few minutes)

  • 3 TBS corn syrup (I didn't have any so I used honey)


Mix together and freeze in ice cream freezer

Serve with fresh fruit on top

Enjoy being naughty and healthy  - all at the same time

"Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness." Ezekiel 3:3

2 comments:

Bucket List Destinations for 2024

  Will this be your year of travel?  In a world of confusion, wars, rumors of wars, and commotion, you can travel to more peaceful locations...