Monday, December 28, 2009

Surfing the Web

Saturday's Deseret News had an article called "Time to waste? Just surf on over" with a list of fun websites.

I surfed and found some I will use:

Pandora - my family love this. It streams music based upon preferences deduced by the songs your choose. I tried it out during Christmas by putting in Bing Crosby's "White Christmas". Then it gave me hours of classic oldie Christmas music - fun!

Retail me not - a great coupon source with a list of each day's best deals.

Slick deals - this wasn't in the article but Jenny (J#3) found great deals on her Christmas shopping through this site. It has a regularly updated list of great shopping deals

Snopes - "where urban legends go to die"

This one is my favorite:

What should I read next? - enter the name of a book you like and it suggests others. If you register you can build a database of books you like and their suggestions.

I love to read and I'm always asking, "What is your favorite book?"  Here's my latest favorite. It's been spreading through the family and multiplying (a couple of kids got it for Christmas) - Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Be forewarned. If you read it, you will rush to buy the sequel - Catching Fire. That one also will leave you gasping for more - and we all have to wait until August for the 3rd book in the series.

Speaking of books - check out these gorgeous editions of  some old favorites, including my all time favorite, Pride and Prejudice.



You can buy them on Amazon. The illustrator is Coralie Bickford-Smith - so just search her name.

We had a dinner table discussion with our family last Thanksgiving about everyone's favorite books. I remembered and then bought most of them as a Christmas gift for Jamie (youngest J). Here are a few I included:

  • Hunger Games and Catching Fire

  • The Road

  • The Thirteenth Tale


So - WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

1 comment:

  1. I love all of Kevin Krogh's books. They are interesting to read but they can change the way you view things as well.

    The Doll In McCallaway's Store
    The Willow Switch
    Because He Makes Her Cry

    He has a newer one too, called The Pig Pen but I haven't read it yet.

    Thanks for the websites, I love Pandora too.

    ReplyDelete

Bucket List Destinations for 2024

  Will this be your year of travel?  In a world of confusion, wars, rumors of wars, and commotion, you can travel to more peaceful locations...